For the remaining course time (and as your final exam), you will prepare a 5-minute recorded presentation as you pitch your solution for a contemporary issue and take the stance of a social entrepreneur. This content meets the following standards, which have been identified as our remaining “essential learning requirements” for the semester:
The total time you should be spending on this assignment is 5 hours between May 26th and June 10th. This is an optional final and should you choose not to complete it, it will be marked as Excused in the grade book. This is a great opportunity to raise your grade!
- Identify a contemporary issue that you feel you can develop a reasonable solution or improvement on the situation. Think about the examples given last week, in both the readings and videos.
- Explain how you were drawn to this particular issue.
- Research your selected issue using multiple, reliable sources: databases, books (not self-published), credible online sources with qualified authors.
- Research the potential counterclaims against your issue or solution. Refute these counterclaims in your argument.
- Present the issue, your position, your solution/means of alleviating the problem, and counterclaims (include a refutation).
NUTS & BOLTS:
- The presentation should be between 5 and 7 minutes long and be one unedited segment (do not splice/cut away).
- You may use note cards to help you present.
- You must use a minimum of four sources total. All sources should be from the past 5 years (i.e. May 2014-present).
- Include a Works Cited at the end of your presentation if you are not verbally attributing them. For example, "According to so-and-so in such-and-such,..." A Works Cited slide is not necessary if you are verbally attributing your sources.
- You may use PPT and either film the PPT with your voice/"small box" in the recording or you may film yourself standing in front of a computer or television with the PPT displayed.
- PPT is not required, but encouraged.
- Film your presentation horizontally and post in the applicable Google Drive below:
This is your very last assignment! Congratulations on making it to the end of your senior year!