Today's Focus: Group Debrief on Grounds Identification in Time (2015) Article; Warrants, Conclusions, Claim Evolution, and Domain Expansion Lecture
- No homework; tomorrow we will begin the student-chosen topic of abortion.
Today's Focus: Small Group Causes and Solutions Gun Violence Discussion/Debate, Elements of a Claim (Grounds, Warrant, Conclusions) Lecture, Identifying Grounds in Time Article "Why America Can't Kick Its Painkiller Problem" (2015)
- Finish identifying the grounds in Time (2015) Article DUE THURSDAY
Today's Focus: Journal Jigsaw - "Mass Shootings: The Role of the Media in Promoting Generalized Imitation", "Income Inequality and Mass Shootings in the United States", "State Gun Laws, Gun Ownership, and Mass Shootings in the US: Cross-Sectional Time Series", Jigsaw Discussion.
- Midterm Exam on March 31st.
Today's Focus: Global Gun Violence Data Discussion, Journal of Adolescent Health's "School Shootings in the US: What is the State of Evidence?" (2019) Critical Reading and Discussion
Today's Focus: Case Studies Group Debrief, Global Firearms Policy Comparison
Today's Focus: GCA (1968) and Brady Law (1993), 2nd Amendment Case Studies Visual Work Time
- Case Studies Visual due Thursday
Today's Focus: Second Amendment History/Context, NFA (1934) and GCA (1968)
Today's Focus: Socratic Seminar, supported with Annotated Bibliography - Homelessness
No homework. Enjoy your weekend!
Today's Focus: Consent Assembly.
- Socratic Seminar and Annotated Bibliography collected TOMORROW
Today's Focus: Annotated Bibliography Work Time
- Socratic Seminar and Annotated Bibliography on Friday