Today's Focus: Vocabulary List 1B, Remarque Discussion, Trenches Discussion, Chapter 1 Pre-Reading Vocabulary
- No journal today.
- Chapter 1 due Friday
Today's Focus: Introduction to Eric Maria Remarque and WWI Literature, Book Check-out
Journal #1: What are the general characteristics of your parents’ generation or grandparents’ generation? How would you describe your own generation?
- Critically read Remarque author handout DUE TOMORROW
Today's Focus: Final Exam Review Game - Board Races
- Study for your Periods 5 & 6 Finals
Today's Focus: English LA Final Study/Review Session with Study Tips
- Study for your Final Exam.
Today's Focus: Finished BBC "The Romantics - Nature" Documentary with Viewing Guide
- Study/Review the Vocabulary, Literary Elements, Canterbury Tales, and Macbeth Sections on your Final Study Guide
Today's Focus: "Kubla Khan" Analysis & Discussion, BBC "The Romantics - Nature" Documentary with Viewing Guide
- Study/review/make flashcards for Literary Elements of Final
Today's Focus: Vocabulary Quiz 8, Final Study Guide, "Ozymandias" Analysis & Class Discussion
- Study for the Vocabulary on your Final!
Today's Focus: Finished TP-CASTT Analysis of "The World is Too Much With Us", Petrarchan vs. Shakespearean Sonnets, Group Analysis of "Ozymandias" and "Kubla Khan"
Journal #4: What causes people today to become alienated from the natural world? What do you think are the results of such alienation?
- Study for your Vocabulary Quiz 8 TOMORROW
- Continue preparation for your Final Exam (make flash cards, gather your notes, organize your binder/folder, etc.)
Today's Focus: Vocabulary List 8 Definitions, TP-CASTT "How To" and Practice on Wordsworth's "The World is Too Much With Us", Returned Period 6 Macbeth Papers
Journal #2: Riddle Time! I saw a boat and it had lots of people on it but not a single person. How?
Journal #3: Correct the following sentences: In English class, Jim learned to read poems critically and he appreciated good prose. We found the film repulsive, offensive, and we thought it was embarrassing. There’s nothing I like better then finding a good trout stream, setting up camp, and to spend a couple of days fishing.
- Begin preparing for your Final Exam (make flash cards for all Vocabulary words and terms in your notes)
How to Use This Page:
This page includes daily accomplishments and homework. For the calendar, downloads, and links to book editions for the year go to the applicable sub-pages.