Today's Focus: Outline Peer Edit
- Revised Outline DUE TOMORROW
- Bring your laptop TOMORROW if you would like to use that instead of the school laptops
Today's Focus: Rough Thesis Statement Self-Edit, Thesis Statement Submission, Rough Outline Work Time in Computer Lab
- Lord of the Flies Rough Outline DUE TOMORROW
Today's Focus: Rough Thesis Statement Peer Review, Revision Time, Grammar Packet - Compound Adjectives, Complete Sentences vs. Fragments
- Revised Thesis Statement on a 3x5 note card due Monday after break (this should only take you about 5 minutes)
- Rough Outline due Tuesday after break (you will have Monday in class time to work on this as well)
Today's Focus: William Golding Interview Jigsaw, Evidence Collection and Rough Thesis Statement Work Time, Grammar Packet - Apostrophes
- Rough Thesis on a 3x5 note card DUE TOMORROW
- Extra Credit DUE TOMORROW
Today's Focus: Collected Character Entries, Book Debrief, Introduction to Lord of the Flies Paper
- Finished Grammar Packet Worksheet #3.
- Choose a prompt to write your Lord of the Flies paper on. Rough Thesis due Friday.
- Extra Credit due Friday.
Today's Focus: Lord of the Flies SSR Chapters 11 & 12. Finish the book!
- Finish reading Chapters 11 & 12 with ONE character entry DUE TOMORROW
- ALL Character Entries will be collected TOMORROW (in order and stapled)
- Our Town Extra Credit Write-Up due Friday
- Lord of the Flies Creative Journal Extra Credit due Friday
Today's Focus: (There was a substitute today.) Theme, Motif, Symbol Lord of the Flies Poster Work with Small Group
Today's Focus: Chapter 9 - Blame Game, Poster Project Brainstorming Session
Journal #10: Riddle Time! Two spies want to get in an enemy's military base. In order to get in, they have to give the correct countersign to the guard at the gate after he gives them the sign. So they wait nearby the gate so that they will overhear the countersign from another soldier. One soldier comes and the guard gives the sign: "6.” The soldier answers, "3.” The guard lets him pass. Another soldier comes. The guard says, "12" and the soldier gives the answer "6.” The guard lets him pass. So, the first spy goes to the gate and the guard says, "10.” The spy, sure that he knew the answer, says, "5.” Immediately, the guard shoots him dead. Then the other spy, who saw that the other spy was killed when he gave the countersign, had now understood what the right answer would be, whatever the guard's sign was. So, he walks to the gate and the guard says, "8". The spy gives the correct answer and the guard lets him in. What was the answer that the spy gave?
- Chapter 10 with character entry DUE MONDAY
- Bring poster on MONDAY
- Chapters 11 & 12 with one character entry due Tuesday
- Journals will be collected on Wednesday
- Extra Credit due Friday
Today's Focus: Chapter 8 Analysis & Discussion "Gift for Darkness" (Solidifying Theme)
Journal #9: What is the significance of the location of the pig’s death? Explain this deep archetypal and symbolic connection.
- Read Chapter 9 with character entry DUE TOMORROW
- Chapter 10 with character entry due Monday
Today's Focus: Lord of the Flies Reading Quiz Chapters 6 & 7, Discussion, Chapter 8 Silent Reading Time
Journal #8: Create an analytical paragraph using the following evidence: “You want a real pig,” said Robert… “because you’ve got to kill him.” “Use a littlun,” said Jack, and everybody laughed.
- Read Chapter 8 with a character entry DUE TOMORROW
How to Use This Page:
This page includes daily accomplishments and homework. For the calendar, downloads, and links to book editions for the year go to the applicable sub-pages.