Today's Focus: Rhetoric Lecture & Discussion
Journal #3: Think of a time when you were in an argument or being persuaded of something. What made that person (or yourself) so believable or inspiring? How did they win you over? Or what made them push you away? Explain.
- Vocabulary Quiz on Wednesday
- Have your Lord of the Flies book in class starting Tuesday
Today's Focus: Historical Background/Context for A Modest Proposal, Began Reading A Modest Proposal
- Finish critically reading A Modest Proposal DUE TOMORROW
Today's Focus: Satire vs. Parody with Examples, Introduction to Irish Satire & Jonathan Swift
Journal #1: What is your favorite type of comedy? Give an example. Why do you find this to be the most humorous?
Journal #2: (Thinking about what you've learned in History class to tie into this unit). Imagine that you are an Irish Catholic in the 17th /18th century. Write a journal/diary entry from that point of view. What might your experiences be? How might you feel about the English? The protestants? What would you do or say? What moments from History class are you thinking of in order to think creatively?
Today's Focus: There was a substitute today. Returned Macbeth to Library. Study Hall.
Today's Focus: Macbeth Movie Projects Viewing!, Survey
- Final Macbeth Literary Analysis Essay DUE TOMORROW
Today's Focus: Macbeth Second Rough Draft Self-Edit with Editor's Guide, Sample Papers with Corresponding Grades, How To Turn In
- Collected Journals!
- Reminder: NHS Editing Session TODAY AFTER SCHOOL in room 1218.
- Final Macbeth Paper due Wednesday
Today's Focus: Macbeth Paragraph Corrections #4, Macbeth Rough Draft Peer Edit with Editor's Guide, Turned in Movie Project! :)
- Final Rough Draft DUE MONDAY
- NHS Editing Session on Monday after school in room 1218.
Today's Focus: There was a substitute today. Rough Draft Work Time on Laptops
- Macbeth Movie Project DUE TOMORROW
- Macbeth Essay Rough Draft DUE TOMORROW
Today's Focus: Macbeth Paragraph Corrections #3, Framing Analysis, How To - Conclusions
- Tomorrow is an in-class paper work day. Have access to your outline!
Today's Focus: Revised Outline Peer Edit, Integrating Quotes Instruction & Discussion, Writing Context/Lead Ins for Evidence on Outline
- MacbethTest Retake on Thursday after school (or Wednesday before school for discussed exceptions)
- Rough Draft due Friday
- Movie Project due Friday
How to Use This Page:
This page includes daily accomplishments and homework. For the calendar, downloads, and links to book editions for the year go to the applicable sub-pages.