Today's Focus: Ensemble Starting Point Selection, Explanation of Workshop Exercises
Journal #11: Explain how and why your ensemble chose your starting point (make sure to reference your starting point and in your portfolio show it). Explain how you initially responded to your starting point through brainstorming, research, and discussion. What did you discover?
- Be prepared to lead your ensemble in a workshop exploration either TOMORROW or Monday
- HL: Solo Project Criterion A Draft DUE TOMORROW
Today's Focus: Devising Theatre Companies Ensemble Sharing & Selection, Your Ideal Ensemble Environment & Standards, Journal #9 addendum: Explain how the professional companies researched by others in the group compliment ideas you have gained from your own research and how this combined research helped you to form a group based on a shared approach.
Journal #10: What makes a good starting point? Don’t give an actual starting point – describe the qualities of a good starting point.
- Gather potential starting points to pitch to your ensemble TOMORROW.
- HL: Solo Project Criterion A due Friday.
Today's Focus: Sample Collaborative Project Portfolio, Blind Portraits & Interviews, Gallery Walk, Ensemble Formations & Role Selection
- Journal #9 (Take photos, include diagrams and charts.) Explain the physical process of how your group formed. Explain the skills, interests, and approaches of the other members of your ensemble and how these compliment your own personal context and how each person’s own context creates a successful collaborative ensemble.
Today's Focus: Unit 1 Test, Introduction to Collaborative Project IA
- Nothing. Catch up on journals if needed.
Today's Focus: Devising Theatre Companies in Action/Interviews with Journal Reflection. Sticky Quotes in Journal #7 with webbed reflection.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL-fg4V-br4 – Devising Theatre Transforms Lives
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G9fwO4RgpU – Gecko Tips
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnbPAGeA6Ec – Complicite
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUqZPfGIX6U – Frantic Assembly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mJ02mSvbEM – Jane Eyre Devising National Theatre
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfhZsBvgWS0 – Lingering Games
- Research ONE devising theatre company from the Top Links tab of my website.
- All of your research should be placed in your Journal #8.
Today's Focus: Frantic Assembly - Push Activity, Kneehigh Theatre - Storytelling, Skills and Interests Discussion
- Journal #6: Explain your personal approach to creating Theatre. Where and how did this approach develop? What is your preferred role, i.e. performer, director, or designer? Do you work in a Rhizomatic or more Arboreal manner in your process? Describe your process. [Reminder: Explain means to give a detailed account including reasons or causes]
Today's Focus: Stage Directions & Symbols Packet Information, Types of Collaboration Discussion, Devising Theatre Introduction, Frantic Assembly - Push Activity Intro
Journal #4: What do you think are the “types” of collaboration in theatre? How does the structure of collaborative theatre potentially work? After learning about three types, which of these things sounds most interesting to you? What are you most familiar with? How do you want to collaborate in the future, in an ideal environment?
- Journal #5: Explain your skills and interests in theatre. [Reminder: Explain means to give a detailed account including reasons or causes]
Today's Focus: Tour of Theatre Spaces: Vernacular and Orientation
SURVEY LINK: https://goo.gl/forms/PGD5ioJO3bqC4THI3
- Take survey by Wednesday PRIOR TO SCHOOL starting.
- Unit 1 Test on Monday!!
Today's Focus: Stanislavski - Subtext, Motivation, Concentration, Relaxation, Communion, Adaptation, Tempo-Rhythm, Physical Apparatus; "An Actor Prepares" Discussion
- Unit 1 Test on Monday
Today's Focus: Brief Discussion on Hagen Reading, Aphorisms for Theatre Reflection, The 13 Acting Tenents of Stanislavski - Objectives & Units, Superobjective, Analysis of Text Through Action, Truth Belief and If, Imagination
- Stanislavski's "An Actor Prepares" Critical Reading DUE MONDAY
Daily Accomplishments & Homework on the Blog. Downloads and Calendar Below.
Class - 18981621
Password - fry5
TeenTix Seattle Theatre Deals: