Today's Focus: Devising Companies Ensemble Sharing & Discussion of Ideal Process (Additions to Journal #9), Journal 10: “What makes a good starting point?”
- Gather/collect potential starting points and pitches for your group DUE TOMORROW
Today's Focus: Unit 1 Test
- Gather potential Starting Points DUE MONDAY! These could be anything that you gravitate towards or feel strongly about: songs, poetry, stories, art, photography, news stories, etc.
Today's Focus: Blind Portraits & Gallery Walk, Group Formations and Role Selection, Journal #9 - Group Formations Debrief
- Finish your Journal #9.
Today's Focus: Skills & Interests Discussion and Addendum, Devising Theatre Documentaries with Sticky Note Reflections in Journal #6, Introduction to Collaborative Project IA & Rubric, Command Terms, Arboreal v. Rhizomatic Approaches.
Journal #7: Explain your personal approach to creating theatre. Incorporate your reflection on either your arboreal or rhizomatic approach.
- Journal #8: Research at least two devising theatre companies from the list on http://www.mrsfry.com/top-links.html. Write about one of the companies! This company should be a company that you want to emulate and use in your process.
Today's Focus: Continued Frantic Assembly Exploration, Kneehigh Theatre Devising Process
- Journal #5: Theatrical Skills, Interests, and Abilities Reflection DUE TOMORROW
- Unit 1 Test has been moved to FRIDAY (An Actor's Warm Up, Stanislavski, and Stage Spaces/Terminology & Directions)
Today's Focus: Journal #4 Types of Collaboration, Introduction to Devising Theatre with Frantic Assembly Push Exercises
Today's Focus: Stage Terminology/Fly Rail Terminology Tour and Stage Directions for a Proscenium Stage
- Unit 1 Test on Tuesday (An Actor's Warm Up, Stanislavski, and Stage Spaces/Terminology & Directions)
Today's Focus: Stanislavski (Subtext, Motivation, Concentration, Relaxation, Communion, Adaptation, Tempo-Rhythm, Physical Apparatus), An Actor Prepares Discussion, Imagination Monologues, Types of Stage Spaces
- Wear closed-toed shoes and appropriate clothing for our tour on THURSDAY
- Unit Test on Tuesday
Today's Focus: Uta Hagen Critical Reading Discussion, Continued Stanislavski Lecture (Objectives, Units, Superobjectives, Analysis of Text Through Action, Truth Belief and If, Imagination)
- Stanislavski's "An Actor Prepares" Critical Reading DUE TOMORROW
Today's Focus: Yah! "Directing for the Stage" Critical Reading Group Discussion and Journal, Introduction to Stanislavski (Aphorisms and Tenents)
Journal #3: Select one quote from your reading that resonated with you and respond to it.
- Uta Hagen’s “The Actor’s World/Goals” Critical Reading DUE MONDAY
Daily Accomplishments & Homework on the Blog. Downloads below.
Class - 21970502
Password - fry5
TeenTix Seattle Theatre Deals: