Today's Focus: Introduction to Director's Notebook EA Assessment, Student Samples Analysis and Grades
-Journals were collected today.
- Choose a play on which to complete your Director's Notebook. You do NOT need to read this over break. Just make a choice and make sure you have physical access to it the first day back in January.
Today's Focus: Collage Gallery Walk, Potential Design Discussion, "How to Talk Design" Article Reading
Journal #15: Gallery Walk Reflections. What spoke to you? Why? Where would you go with a design for that specific image/texture/pattern/line/color?
FUN LINKS on THEATRICAL PROJECTION:
- Journals will be collected TOMORROW
- "Between Taste and Travesty: William Ivey Long in Conversation" Article Critical Reading DUE TOMORROW
Today's Focus: Robert Edmond Jones' "The Dramatic Imagination" Discussion, Color Theory Activity (Emotional Representation in Color and Angle for Theatre)
- Emotion Collage DUE MONDAY
Today's Focus: Introduction to Theatrical Design, Fundamentals of Designers Reading & Discussion
Journal #14: Draw the Theatrical Role hiearachy. What do you think a designer "does"?
- Robert Edmond Jones' "Dramatic Imagination" Critical Reading DUE TOMORROW
Today's Focus: Scene/Ground Plan Rehearsal and Performances, Directing Unit Debrief.
Today's Focus: Pattern Ground Plan with Synopsis Directing/Playwriting Work
Today's Focus: Finished Ground Plan Gauntlet (Pattern Movement directed Ground Plan), "Directing for the Stage" Packet 3 Small Group Discussion
Journal #13: Synthesize all three of your Directing Packet readings. How have these readings changed your perception of a director? To what extent does a director lead a production?
- None. Enjoy your night off from IB Theatre homework.
Today's Focus: "Directing for the Stage" Packet 2 Small Group Discussion, The Great Ground Plan Gauntlet!
- "Directing for the Stage" Packet 3 Critical Reading DUE MONDAY (this is the last one of these you will receive, but it has incredibly useful information for your upcoming IA)
Today's Focus: Directing Tenents Demonstration/Worshop, Critical Reading Time
- Finish Critically Reading "Directing for the Stage" Packet 2 DUE TOMORROW
Today's Focus: The Process of Directing, Critical Reading Discussion, "Tenents of Good Direction" Notes
Journal #12: Good Direction "Laws" Notes
- "Directing for the Stage" Critical Reading Packet 2 due Friday
Daily Accomplishments & Homework on the Blog. Downloads and Calendar Below.
TeenTix Seattle Theatre Deals: