Today's Focus: Devising Theatre Companies in Action/Interviews with Journal Reflection. Sticky Quotes in Journal #7 with webbed reflection.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL-fg4V-br4 – Devising Theatre Transforms Lives
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G9fwO4RgpU – Gecko Tips
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnbPAGeA6Ec – Complicite
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUqZPfGIX6U – Frantic Assembly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mJ02mSvbEM – Jane Eyre Devising National Theatre
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfhZsBvgWS0 – Lingering Games
- Research ONE devising theatre company from the Top Links tab of my website.
- All of your research should be placed in your Journal #8.
Today's Focus: Frantic Assembly - Push Activity, Kneehigh Theatre - Storytelling, Skills and Interests Discussion
- Journal #6: Explain your personal approach to creating Theatre. Where and how did this approach develop? What is your preferred role, i.e. performer, director, or designer? Do you work in a Rhizomatic or more Arboreal manner in your process? Describe your process. [Reminder: Explain means to give a detailed account including reasons or causes]
Today's Focus: Stage Directions & Symbols Packet Information, Types of Collaboration Discussion, Devising Theatre Introduction, Frantic Assembly - Push Activity Intro
Journal #4: What do you think are the “types” of collaboration in theatre? How does the structure of collaborative theatre potentially work? After learning about three types, which of these things sounds most interesting to you? What are you most familiar with? How do you want to collaborate in the future, in an ideal environment?
- Journal #5: Explain your skills and interests in theatre. [Reminder: Explain means to give a detailed account including reasons or causes]
Today's Focus: Tour of Theatre Spaces: Vernacular and Orientation
SURVEY LINK: https://goo.gl/forms/PGD5ioJO3bqC4THI3
- Take survey by Wednesday PRIOR TO SCHOOL starting.
- Unit 1 Test on Monday!!
Today's Focus: Stanislavski - Subtext, Motivation, Concentration, Relaxation, Communion, Adaptation, Tempo-Rhythm, Physical Apparatus; "An Actor Prepares" Discussion
- Unit 1 Test on Monday
Today's Focus: Brief Discussion on Hagen Reading, Aphorisms for Theatre Reflection, The 13 Acting Tenents of Stanislavski - Objectives & Units, Superobjective, Analysis of Text Through Action, Truth Belief and If, Imagination
- Stanislavski's "An Actor Prepares" Critical Reading DUE MONDAY
Today's Focus: Projection, Resonance, Expansion, and Articulation Warm-Ups, Introduction to Stanislavski
- Uta Hagen "A Challenge for the Actor" Critical Reading DUE TOMORROW
- Syllabus Contract DUE TOMORROW
Today's Focus: Converse's "Directing for the Stage" Critical Reading Discussion, Vocal Quality Handout & Discussion
Journal #3: Choose a quote that you feel is important from your critical reading. Trade this quote with a neighbor! Reflect on the quote in your journal. (full page)
- Uta Hagen's "The Actor's Goals" & "The Actor's Techniques" Critical Reading due Friday
Today's Focus: Theatrical Roles & Hierarchy/Chain of Command, Energizers - Oo I Feel So Good, Suzy Shake, Yah, Physicality - Actor Neutral, Stretching, Vocalization - Breathing Reflection
Journal #2: Reflect on your self-selected quote from Robert Edmond Jones' "The Dramatic Imagination".
- Terry John Converse's "Directing for the Stage" Critical Reading DUE TOMORROW
- Special Schedule TOMORROW
Today's Focus: Finished Ensemble Discussion & Definition/Qualities, Ensemble Tableau Activity with Small Ensembles, Go Freeze Melt, Rhythm Circle, Go, "The Dramatic Imagination" Robert Edmond Jones Critical Reading Discussion
- Terry John Converse's "Directing for the Stage" Critical Reading due Wednesday
Daily Accomplishments & Homework on the Blog. Downloads and Calendar Below.
Class - 18981621
Password - fry5
TeenTix Seattle Theatre Deals: