Today's Focus: Finished Group Exercise Explorations
Journal #12: Explain how you explored the starting point practically through your workshops. You may refer to both your own and those of others. What came out of these explorations? Why were they significant? For what reason did you design/choose your exercise?
- Continue thinking through the explorations of your starting point and the current direction of your play.
Today's Focus: Starting Point Pitches and Selection, Exercise Exploration #1
Journal #11: Explain how and why your ensemble chose your starting point (make sure to reference your starting point and in your portfolio show it) Explain how you initially responded to your starting point through brainstorming, research, and discussion. What did you discover?
- Prepare your exercise that you will lead with your group DUE TOMORROW during FlexTime or Thursday
Today's Focus: Devising Companies Ensemble Sharing & Discussion of Ideal Process (Additions to Journal #9), Journal 10: “What makes a good starting point?”
- Gather/collect potential starting points and pitches for your group DUE TOMORROW
Today's Focus: Unit 1 Test
- Gather potential Starting Points DUE MONDAY! These could be anything that you gravitate towards or feel strongly about: songs, poetry, stories, art, photography, news stories, etc.
Today's Focus: Blind Portraits & Gallery Walk, Group Formations and Role Selection, Journal #9 - Group Formations Debrief
- Finish your Journal #9.
Today's Focus: Skills & Interests Discussion and Addendum, Devising Theatre Documentaries with Sticky Note Reflections in Journal #6, Introduction to Collaborative Project IA & Rubric, Command Terms, Arboreal v. Rhizomatic Approaches.
Journal #7: Explain your personal approach to creating theatre. Incorporate your reflection on either your arboreal or rhizomatic approach.
- Journal #8: Research at least two devising theatre companies from the list on http://www.mrsfry.com/top-links.html. Write about one of the companies! This company should be a company that you want to emulate and use in your process.
Today's Focus: Continued Frantic Assembly Exploration, Kneehigh Theatre Devising Process
- Journal #5: Theatrical Skills, Interests, and Abilities Reflection DUE TOMORROW
- Unit 1 Test has been moved to FRIDAY (An Actor's Warm Up, Stanislavski, and Stage Spaces/Terminology & Directions)
Today's Focus: Journal #4 Types of Collaboration, Introduction to Devising Theatre with Frantic Assembly Push Exercises
Today's Focus: Stage Terminology/Fly Rail Terminology Tour and Stage Directions for a Proscenium Stage
- Unit 1 Test on Tuesday (An Actor's Warm Up, Stanislavski, and Stage Spaces/Terminology & Directions)
Today's Focus: Stanislavski (Subtext, Motivation, Concentration, Relaxation, Communion, Adaptation, Tempo-Rhythm, Physical Apparatus), An Actor Prepares Discussion, Imagination Monologues, Types of Stage Spaces
- Wear closed-toed shoes and appropriate clothing for our tour on THURSDAY
- Unit Test on Tuesday
Daily Accomplishments & Homework on the Blog. Downloads below.
Class - 21970502
Password - fry5
TeenTix Seattle Theatre Deals: