This week I want us to consider the Theatrical History units we have covered thus far in the year. Consider the plays below and locate a PDF of the script online – they are all in the public domain, so it is legal and possible to find digital copies of these texts.
Select one play to read; if solitary reading is not for you, FaceTime with a small group of friends, cast the play, and read the play aloud!
When finished with the play answer/consider the following questions:
Discuss these questions with classmates as well as debriefing the play itself.
Also, the 5th Avenue Theatre will hold (Free) Fridays at the 5th every Friday at 4pm! https://www.5thavenue.org/education/youth You will be able to “attend” workshops hosted by professionals as they engage in vocal and physical theatre clinics! Enjoy!
Communication: If you have a missing production review, you may complete the following for late credit:
- Watch one of the available recordings of live theatrical performances. These are not film adaptations; these are recordings of stage productions:
– Disney+ : Newsies: The Broadway Musical (watch the live version)
– Disney+ : The Little Mermaid Live
– Netflix : Shrek the Musical
– Amazon Prime: Carousel Live
– Amazon Prime: She Loves Me
– YouTube : Rent – Broadway Production https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhG3JTchKDA
– YouTube : Into the Woods (Live 1991) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJir5uPRXcM&t=7s
If you do not have a missing production review, I encourage you to watch some of the above musicals and consider how the directing (visual pauses, use of music, stage areas, body positions, motivation, etc) choices impact the audience’s perception. Also consider the production elements (lighting, sound, set, costumes, etc).
An email/Skyward message has been sent including the above information.
Today's Focus: Directing Exercises #3 Rehearsal Time
- Directing Exercise #3 Performances due Monday
Today's Focus: Directing Exercise #3 Development Time
- Directing Exercises due Monday.
Today's Focus: Reviewing Directing Concepts, Introduction to Directing Exercise #3: Familiar and Strange
- Directing Exercise #3 Performances begin on Monday
Today's Focus: Review/Study Day for Renaissance Theatre Quiz
- Study for your Theatre Quiz TOMORROW
Today's Focus: Finished viewing Twelfth Night
- Renaissance Theatre Quiz on Friday
Daily Accomplishments & Homework on the Blog. Downloads and Calendar Below.
TeenTix Seattle Theatre Deals: