Today's Focus: (There was a substitute today.) Continued work time on Comic Strip.
- Haroun Comic Strip due Tuesday
- Reading Quiz 12 on Tuesday
Today's Focus: Vocabulary Quiz 7B, Haroun Hero's Journey Comic Strip Work Time
- Chapter 12 DUE TOMORROW (last reading assignment of the school year; finish strong.)
- Comic Strip due Tuesday
- Vocabulary Quiz 8B on Wednesday the 30th
- Hero's Journey Chart due Thursday the 31st
- Haroun Culminating Project due the 6th
Today's Focus: Chapters 10 & 11 Reading Quiz, Hero's Journey Chart Fill-Ins for Haroun, Returned Period 2 AQWF Papers.
- Vocabulary Quiz 7B TOMORROW
- Chapter 12 due Thursday
- Haroun Culminating Project due in two weeks
- Check the grade book for any missing work for this unit that can be completed for late credit.
Today's Focus: Chapter 9 Reading Quiz & Discussion, Collected Grammar Packet, SSR Chapters 10 & 11
Journal #9: Connect Butt’s views of Freedom of Speech (119: “is not the Power of Speech…”) and Iff’s grief over the Ocean (146: “It’s our own fault…”).
- Chapters 10 & 11 DUE TOMORROW
- Chapter 12 due Thursday
Today's Focus: Chapter 8 Reading Quiz, Kathakali - Abhinaya & Mudras, Grammar Packet - "Parallel Structure & Varying Sentence Structure"
- Chapter 9 DUE MONDAY
- Chapters 10 & 11 due Tuesday
- Vocabulary Quiz 7B on Wednesday
- SBA Testing on Tuesday and Thursday
Today's Focus: Vocabulary Definitions 7B, Chapter 7 Discussion, Partner Activity - Evidence Collection Poster to Support Censorship or Tyranny Thesis Statement
- Chapter 8 DUE TOMORROW
- Grammar Packet due Monday
- Vocabulary 7B Quiz on Wednesday
Today's Focus: Reading Quiz Chapter 6, Vocabulary List 6B Quiz, Grammar Packet - "Making Compound Predicates Parallel II"
Journal #8: List all the princess rescue stories that you’ve read, watched, or heard. Which of these princess rescue stories do you like the best? Why? Which do you like the least? Explain the princess rescue story that is developing in Haroun and the Sea of Stories.
- Chapter 7 DUE TOMORROW
Today's Focus: Chapter 5 Reading Quiz, I am the Walrus Cultural Literacy Allusion in Haroun, Introduction to Culminating Creative Project
Journal #7: Refer to pages 86 and 87. Describe the Old Zone and the problem the Guppies are facing on Kahani. What do you think this is an allegory for? What does this short metaphor mean for you?
- Chapter 6 DUE TOMORROW
- Vocabulary Quiz 6B TOMORROW
Today's Focus: (There was a substitute today.) Study Hall, SSR Chapter 6.
- Read Chapter 6.
Today's Focus: Chapter 4 Discussion, Importance of Names, Chup vs. Gup, Grammar Packet - "Colons" & "Making Compound Predicates Parallel I"
Journal #6: Identify the figurative language used in each quote: “Believe in your own eyes, and you’ll get into a lot of … hot water.” “Now we must go to Gup City and … there will be harsh words and hot water for you.” Find two other instances of figurative language – they cannot be duplicates of these examples or your examples.
- Chapter 5 DUE MONDAY
How to Use This Page:
This page includes daily accomplishments and homework. For the calendar, downloads, and links to book editions for the year go to the applicable sub-pages.